Friday, August 1, 2008

ABOUT LOVE

A Christian friendship*~ ought to be unselfish, kind and true.
A window where the sunlight of God's love comes shining through.
~* You're a blessing to me- *~ a wonderful friend.
You're someone on whom I can always depend-
For friendship's a heaven sent treasure its true-
And I'm richer for having a good friend like you.
May God Bless you always!
I was so hurt by someone that I thought love was gone forever. But I discovered that when one door of happiness closes, another opens: but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.
I found a love that will live forever in my heart. I see my love with all his imperfections, yet know he is perfect for me.
Relationships pave the way for us to recapture our wholeness by correcting the distortions of caretaking and socialization that distanced us from our original selves. It is in the unconditional loving of our partner, making it safe for them to open to love, letting that love sink in over time so that trust can build, that allows their fullness to come back into being, so they can feel their oneness, their totality. Love is the answer!! It is the love we give that heals our partner, and the love we receive that heals us. Love is something you do; the sacrifices you make, the giving of self, like a mother bringing a newborn into the world. If you want to study love, study those who sacrifice for others, even for people who offend or do not love in return. Love is a value that is actualized through loving actions. Love, the feeling, can be recaptured.
When your loved one does something hurtful to you, write it in the sand, but the good things should be written in stone! Whoever said love is blind is wrong. Love is the only thing that lets us see each other with total accuracy. Life's glory is not in never falling, but in getting up Every time you fall.
And remember, as it is written...to love another person is to see the face of GOD.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud...It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
1 Corinthians 13: 4-6
God Bless!

1 comment:

Nurse Pat said...

I fully agree with your sentiments...