Friday, August 15, 2008

HOW TO BE SAVED

THE BIBLE SAYS.....
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:16 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the
Lord shall be saved.
Romans 10:13
When Jesus was alive and walked on the earth, he spoke these words: Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest in your souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
Matthew 11: 28-30

If you would like to be saved...pray the following simple prayer:
Jesus...I ask that you come into my heart...
I believe all the scriptures that I have just read and believe that
you are the son of God and died on the cross for my sake...
forgive me of my many sins...cleanse me and allow me to be born again...
fill me with your Holy Spirit...I want to turn away from my old life
and follow your example as set forth in the Bible...I will love you
with all my heart, soul, and mind...these things I ask in your name...
AMEN!

If you prayed that prayer and meant it...you are saved by the grace of God!
You have come face to face with Jesus Christ!

I'M SAVED! NOW WHAT?

What can I add that will bring you further comfort? Those verses say it all...trust in God to see you through difficult times! The biggest problem you will encounter as a new Christian is submitting your will to God and allowing him to work in your life.

To grow spiritually, as a newly converted Christian, you need to follow the steps below:

1) Make a commitment to read your Bible daily. Start with Matthew 22:37-40; Proverbs 3:13-19; Proverbs 22:1-2; John 8:12; 1 Peter 4:8; Hebrews 9:11-15 and continue to "let your fingers do the walking" throughout the Bible partaking of "spiritual food."

2) Pray daily for God's guidance in your life. See Matthew 6:9-15

3) Find a good church and fellowship with others who will serve as a sort of "support group" while you are gaining strength and maturing in the Lord. Read Hebrews 10:25

(The "old baggage" of your past life will haunt you for awhile but with commitment on your part, it will get easier and easier and time goes on. Old habits and thought patterns are hard to break! Subjecting yourself to new ideas, reading your Bible, praying to God, listening to sermons, and socializing with Christian friends on a consistent basis will help you to develop a new approach to life. Eventually, your new way of "thinking and acting" will become "second nature" to you in time.)

4) If old friends drag you down spiritually, you may have to choose between them and God by separating yourself from them for awhile. When you have gained enough strength to withstand their influence, you can return...to witness to them as to the advantages of becoming a Christian.

5) Be doer's of the word and not just hearers/readers of the word only. Read James 1:22
Be a witness for Christ so that your life might point others toward God.

No comments: